Chocolate Chia pudding is a food type that decisively resembles an unhealthy indulgent delight, yet fosters exceptional nutritional value and health benefits. Made with A2 cow milk, chia seeds, unsweetened cocoa powder, and honey, this chocolatey velvety delight with surely enchant your taste buds. The key ingredients of this recipe are powerhouse of nutrients that leads to numerous health benefits. Unlike other sugary delights, chocolate chia pudding provides our body with sustained energy level without any inevitable guilt. It is also an ideal snack for children who are picky eater as they are pulled and hooked because of its chocolaty flavour. Apart from the marvellous taste, the nutritional value and health benefits make chocolate chia pudding a guilt-free treat for fitness enthusiasts and healthy snacks for children.
Chocolate chia pudding is a wholesome and detectable delight that enchants your taste buds while also offering a bundle of health benefits. With its rich, velvety texture and cocoa flavour, it satisfies our sweet cravings without compromising your diet and overall health. Chia seeds, the key ingredient, are loaded with essential nutrients, like protein, iron, fibre, calcium, and Omega-3 fatty acid. These black and brown seeds contribute to enhancing our digestion, and heart health, and strengthening our bones. Then comes A2 Gir cow milk, an ingredient that will enhance the flavour and nutritional value of this dish. It will add that creamy taste and essential nutrients to the dish. Additionally, unsweetened cocoa powder provides a wave of chocolaty heaven, with antioxidants that will support our overall well-being. To keep it on the healthier side, people often add natural sweetness like maple syrup or organic honey, keeping deadly refined sugar at bay. The slow blend of these ingredients creates a soul-satisfying delight for both adults and children.
Nutritional Value of Chocolate Chia Pudding
That’s dive into the thread of nutritional value that one cup of chocolate chia pudding will provide our body. Below is a breakdown of various nutrients, minerals, and vitamins found in this dessert:
- Protein: Both A2 milk and chia seeds are rich sources of protein, an element essential for muscle repair and overall bodily functions.
- Healthy Fats: Chia seeds are a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for brain functions and heart health.
- Dietary Fiber: Yes, this recipe does provide our body with dietary fibre. These fibres digestive healthy and keep unhealthy food cravings at bay.
- Calcium: Mineral essential for bone health and nerve functions.
- Phosphorus: A mineral that supports various cellular functions.
- Magnesium: Essential mineral for energy production, muscle functions, and maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
- Potassium: Essential for maintaining fluid balance and cardiovascular health.
- Zinc: A mineral that supports our immune functions and cell growth and repair.
- Iron: Helps with transporting oxygen in the bloodstream along with maintaining fluid balance.
- Vitamin A: Enhances our immune functions, eye health, and skin health.
- Vitamin B1: Support our nerve functions and energy metabolism.
- Vitamin B2: Supports the conversation of food into energy
- Vitamin B3: Essential for maintaining healthy skin and hair.
- Vitamin K: Enhances our bone strength.
- Antioxidants: Contains polyphenols and flavonoids that protect our cells from damage caused by free radicals.
5 Health Benefits of Chocolate Chia Pudding
Now that you have read through the remarkable Nutritional value of chocolate chia pudding, let’s go through 5 health benefits generated by this nutritional value:-
- Powerhouse of Essential Nutrients: Chocolate chia pudding is the powerhouse of essential nutrients and minerals required by our body on day to day basis. A2 milk and chia seeds, these two ingredients that are an excellent source of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, which supports our brain functions and cardiovascular health. This nutrient density is what makes it an ideal option for children and health enthusiasts.
- Enhance Our Digestive Health: The presence of insoluble and soluble fibres promotes a healthy gut and overall digestive. These fibres also help in preventing constipation, regulating bowel movements, and supporting the growth of healthy gut bacteria. A healthy digestive system is essential for nutrient absorption and overall well-being.
- Sustained Energy Levels: The presence of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats results in maintaining a healthy energy level. The release of sustained energy levels can stabilise blood sugar levels, preventing sudden spikes in blood sugar and pressure, making it an excellent option for individuals suffering from diabetes.
- Support Weight Management: Chocolate Chia pudding is a healthy addition to your diet plan. The combination of protein, healthy fats, and fibres foster satiety, keeping you feeling full for longer and keeping unhealthy cravings at bay, assisting in maintaining a healthy weight.
- Antioxidant Properties: Unsweetened cocoa powder is a rich source of antioxidants, such as polyphenols & flavonoids. These antioxidant properties also protect our body from damage caused by oxidative stress along with lessening the risk of chronic diseases, such as cancer and major heart diseases.
- 1 cup of fresh A2 cow milk
- ½ cup of organic chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of organic honey
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
Instructions: How to make Chocolate Chia Pudding?
- Take a mixing bowl, add chia seeds and milk. Stir them well together to make sure the chia seeds are properly soaked and evenly distributed.
- Add organic honey, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla extract to the chia seeds and milk mixture. Mix them well together for 30 seconds.
- Conceal the mixing bowl with a lid or plastic wrap & refrigerated for at least 3 to 4 hours or overnight. During this time, the seeds will start absorbing milk and create a pudding-like consistency.
- After 3-4 hours, give the pudding a good stir to dissolve any clumps. If you feel the pudding is too thick, you can add more milk to attain the desired consistency.
- Taste the recipe and add the ingredients to adjust the flavours accordingly. If satisfied, serve the chocolate chia pudding in a jar or serving dish.
- For extra culinary touch, you can garnish the pudding with sliced banana, berries, or chopped nuts. Enjoy.
We surely have given you a healthy and delicious recipe to crave your sweet tooth. Chocolate Chia pudding is a recipe that may resemble delicious unhealthy treats but in reality, has an impressive nutritional value and health benefits. Before ending this article we would like to make a small recommendation, many recipes will ask you to replace cow’s milk with other so-called healthy milk types, but A2 cow milk is Ayurveda’s choice. This milk type will enhance the taste and nutritional value of your dish two-fold.
Read our Article: Milk with Makhana Benefits That Everyone Must Know