We, humans, do not frequently have the opportunity to encounter something both unusual and stunning. Yet when a chance like that comes along in the form of silver needle white tea, you have to embrace it wholeheartedly and revel in its rarity and delight. What exactly about white tea is so special and ethereal, though? Before you go through this article, we want to remind you that the health advantages of the method of harvesting this lovely silver needle white tea are not exaggerated in any way. You may be thinking at this point, what makes this tea such a premium tea that is so pricey and of the highest quality? Well, in this article, you will learn all about the 10 major health benefits of silver needle white tea.
All about Silver Needle White Tea
Despite being consumed for many years, Silver Needle White Tea has only recently gained popularity due to its potent medicinal qualities. White Pekoe Silver Needle, White Hair Silver Needle, and Baihao Yinzhen are other names for Silver Needle White Tea, which is a rare and unusual form of the Camellia Sinensis plant. The plants must be grown in unique geographic conditions with the utmost care. These elements are essential for producing the incredibly smooth texture and delightful aroma that rejuvenates both our bodies and minds. This tea is among the best and most costly on the market for other reasons as well. Royal families and emperors have consumed this lovely white beverage for centuries due to its exceptional flavour and health advantages. This premium tea has an exquisite flavour and is quite stunning in terms of colour and aroma. Its taste increases by adding pure honey to it.
Only the delicate tea plant buds that are hand-picked solely before sunrise are used to make silver-needle white tea. The name of the tea comes from the downy, dense, needle-like silver-white hair that covers these long, strong, and thick tea buds. These tea buds must be picked according to a very precise and rigid technique. The tea pluckers must handle the leaves with extreme caution and care since the buds are still covered in silver and white hair that resembles needles and are only picked when they are still very young. These unfurled leaves and buds are carefully withered after being harvested, and they are then dried in the sun. The delicate technique of maintaining the Ideal balance between solar drying and indoor withering is what makes silver needle white tea one of the most prestigious and expensive teas. So let’s look at the top 10 health advantages of drinking this tea.
Silver needle white tea has a lot to offer in terms of health advantages. Because its leaves are picked with less processing than other herbal teas, this tea has a high concentration of antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal qualities. Silver needle white tea is the perfect beverage in today’s fitness-obsessed world since it offers the highest number of naturally occurring minerals and vitamins. Here are the top 10 health advantages of drinking silver needle white tea:
- The powerhouse of Antioxidants: Catechins are a class of polyphenols that are abundant in silver needle white tea. Plant-based compounds called polyphenols function as antioxidants in the body. Also, this component shields the cells from dangerous substances called free radicals that can damage them. Catechins and other antioxidants have been linked to several potential health benefits, including improved skin, bone, and oral health.
- Improves Skin Health: Many people nowadays struggle with a variety of skin issues, including skin pigmentation, acne, pimples, and more. Even while these skin issues are not life-threatening, they can make people less social and confident. So far, research has shown that drinking silver-needle white tea regularly can shield our skin from harmful substances like hydrogen peroxide and other similar substances. Also, this tea is a great source of antioxidant and antibacterial properties that aid in reducing acne and skin pigmentation as well as in eradicating free radicals that can cause premature ageing symptoms like wrinkles and pigmentation. Also, it includes a lot of phenols, which can help to strengthen collagen and elastin and give skin a smoother, more radiant appearance.
- Prevents Cancer: According to several research, silver needle white tea may have the ability to both treat and prevent cancer. The health advantages of drinking this tea are mostly linked to its polyphenols and antioxidant characteristics, even though some of the research is not completely conclusive. These antioxidants can aid in the production of RNA and can also stop genetic cells from mutating and developing into cancerous cells. In a study, white tea extracts were utilised to specifically target lung cancer cells, and the results showed dose-dependent cell death. In other words, regular consumption of this white tea can kill mutant cells and inhibit the growth of cancerous cells. Even so, this claim is still being backed by several active researchers.
- Improves Hair Health: Consuming silver needle white tea regularly can give you strong, healthy hair in addition to improving the health of your skin. Epigallocatechin gallate, an antioxidant found in it, slows down hair loss and promotes hair growth. Also, it shields our hair from UV damage naturally, locking in moisture and safeguarding our scalp. You can also massage your scalp with a homemade white tea hair mask.
- Weight Loss: Weight loss for some people is like a life goal rather than just a New Year’s resolution that can be easily abandoned. Losing weight to become healthier and live longer is a real challenge because obesity is one of the main causes of shorter lifespan. For people trying to lose weight, including silver needle white tea can be very helpful because it helps the body in observing vital nutrients that speed up our metabolism and helps us burn calories more effectively. White tea contains a substance called Catechins that can improve digestion and assist in weight loss. Also, it aids in the burning of body fat that has been stored while preventing the growth of new fat cells in our bodies.
- Oral Health: High levels of fluorides, tannins, and flavonoids found in silver needle white tea contribute to strong, healthy teeth. As it helps to prevent tooth decay, fluoride is a favourite of dentists and can be found in toothpaste. Although tannins and flavonoids both aid in avoiding plaque build-up, which can result in cavities and weak gums. Start drinking at least one cup of silver needle white tea per day to get healthier gums and teeth.
- Improves Heart Health: Many studies have indicated that drinking silver needle white tea regularly may help to maintain a healthy heart. Considering that it includes Catechins, an antioxidant substance that has been shown to lower the chance of developing serious heart conditions. However, more research on the subject has revealed that Catechins also lessen the absorption of harmful cholesterol from our intestines while boosting levels of beneficial (high-density lipoprotein) cholesterol, increasing the general health of our cardiovascular system.
- Improves Focus, Alertness, and Calmness: Among the herbal teas, silver needle white tea has the greatest L-theanine content. By reducing stimulating inputs that can cause overactivity, this element is well known for enhancing mental focus and alertness. When it comes to anxiety, this chemical molecule has also demonstrated good health benefits. L-theanine promotes the release of GABA, a neurotransmitter with relaxing properties. The nicest thing about this tea is that it gives you improved alertness without the sleepiness or impairment that are common side effects of pharmaceutical anxiety medications.
- Help Treat Diabetes: Diabetes is a growing issue in the modern world due to genetic and lifestyle factors. Thankfully, silver needle white tea is one of the various strategies available to manage and treat diabetes. Type-2 diabetes can be prevented and controlled with the use of Catechins and other antioxidants. Moreover, it works well to block the action of the enzyme amylase, which alerts the small intestine to the absorption of glucose. Regular consumption of this white tea can prevent the synthesis of amylase and help control blood sugar fluctuations.
- Reduces Inflammation: Silver needle white tea’s polyphenols and Catechins can increase our anti-inflammatory qualities and help us deal with mild aches and pains. These elements also help with reducing muscle injury and speeding up muscle regeneration. Moreover, this tea enhances circulation and increases the oxygen supply of the organs and brain. As a result, it works well to treat minor headaches as well as muscle and joint discomfort from exercise.
As you can see, it is a great supplement to a healthy way of life. Some even claim it to be among the healthiest beverages available. Because white tea is expensive and difficult to get, it is not as widely publicised as the health advantages of green tea. Sincerely, we think this tea is well worth the price because of the advantages mentioned above and the delectable flavour.
Read our Article: 15 Health Benefits of Herbal Tea that makes it an Ideal Beverage