Milk is a healthy beverage – whether it is A2 cow milk or buffalo milk. It is viewed as a complete food with all the fundamental nutrients that our body requires. Both buffalo milk and A2 cow milk enjoy their own share of benefits. While A2 cow milk is lighter and easier to process, buffalo milk is very heavy. In this article, we will discuss basic details as well as the benefits of A2 cow milk and buffalo milk.
A2 Cow Milk and Buffalo Milk: Introduction
Milk is a versatile ingredient, be it A2 cow milk or buffalo milk, or even plant-based milk. Simply consider the number of dishes or recipes that require milk. There are tons of them. So obviously, it is difficult to eliminate milk from your eating routine. Milk is added to your tea, coffee, smoothies, and various other beverages and Indian desserts. There isn’t any uncertainty that milk is highly nutritious. It is an excellent source of calcium, which is vital for solid bones and teeth. Specialists suggest consuming milk on a regular basis to remain fit and strong. Yet, when you need to make a decision between A2 cow milk and buffalo milk, which one is better? Indeed, both A2 cow milk and buffalo milk have different virtues. In this way, how about we find out what are the significant advantages of the two.
A2 cow milk and buffalo milk are known versions of milk. The primary difference between A2 cow milk and buffalo milk is the fat content present, and because of this, the consistency of milk differs. A2 cow milk contains a low level of fat, and therefore, its consistency is extremely thin and is considered lighter. Then again, buffalo milk has a high level of fat content that keeps your stomach full for a longer time. People prefer consuming A2 cow milk as it is lighter and easier to process.
What Is A2 Cow Milk?
A2 cow milk and buffalo milk have their specific segment of milk lovers. Recently, A2 cow milk has gained immense popularity and increased in demand because of its health and nutritional benefits. A2 cow milk has proven to be a rich source of minerals, vitamins, protein etc.
A2 cow milk, otherwise also known as Desi cow milk, is produced by cows that contain only A2 beta-casein protein. Cow milk usually contains two types of beta-casein protein. These proteins are known as A1 beta-casein and A2 beta-casein; a single amino acid causes the difference in these proteins. Most of the dairy farms in India produce A2 cow milk. Our Indian cow breeds such as gir, Sahiwal, Hariana, Rathi, and Kankrej are the best when it comes to producing A2 cow milk. A2 cow milk and buffalo milk are ruling dairy markets.
The A2 beta-casein present in A2 cow milk separates into amino acids for faster digestion, which helps in improving our overall health and also increases the nutritional value of our milk. As mentioned earlier, A2 cow milk is a rich source of minerals such as calcium, potassium, and phosphorus, which are vital for healthy and strong bones and teeth, maintaining good cholesterol, regulation of blood pressure, better functioning of muscles, cell and tissue growth, and maintaining overall well-being and nourishment in our body.
Along with minerals, A2 cow milk is also rich in vitamins like vitamins A, D, and B12 which are important for our bones and teeth, for converting food into energy, and for building immunity. A2 cow milk has proven to contribute equally to increasing metabolism, boosting immunity, and providing necessary amounts of omega-3 acids. Omega-3 fatty acids also contribute to mental growth.
A2 cow milk is the purest and unadulterated form of milk. We, at Swadeshi VIP, are glad to carry it with you from our Desi cows which are under utmost care and protection and raised with hygienic milking methods. By keeping our customers’ health and nourishment in mind, we take our hygiene and rearing methods very seriously so customers can enjoy natural and pure A2 cow milk. Let’s discuss some of the advantages of A2 cow milk.
A2 Cow Milk and Buffalo Milk: Advantages of A2 Cow Milk
The vital benefits of A2 cow milk are-
1. A2 cow milk is safer for lactose intolerant individuals: Many scientific experiments have proven that A2 cow milk doesn’t cause the same inflammatory response in lactose-intolerant people as A1 cow milk does. When a lactose-intolerant individual consumes A2 cow milk, he can relish all the benefits of cow milk without experiencing any gastrointestinal discomfort.
2. Replenish and Repair our Muscles: Any fitness and health enthusiast who spends a lot of money on expensive protein powders and protein bars must add a glass of A2 cow milk to their eating regimen. A single glass of A2 cow milk provides our body with enough protein to replenish and repair our muscles after an intense workout session.
3. A2 cow milk assists in maintaining healthy blood pressure: High blood pressure is usually caused by elevated triglyceride and cholesterol levels. A2 cow milk provides our body with a sufficient amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which helps in maintaining and lowering our cholesterol levels. With omega-3 fatty acids, the potassium present in A2 cow milk also benefits our blood pressure.
4. A2 cow milk also strengthens our immune system: Vitamin A is a crucial vitamin which keeps our immune system strong, and it is found in abundance in animal-derived food products like A2 cow milk. By consuming A2 cow milk regularly, our body improves the regulation and response system of our immune system cells.
5. A2 cow milk helps in relaxing our mood: Yes, A2 cow milk is a rich source of vitamin D, which plays a crucial role in mood disorders like SAD (seasonal affective disorder). By consuming A2 cow milk regularly, individuals who are diagnosed with SAD may notice their symptoms reducing.
What is Buffalo Milk?
At a point when the vast majority of our country considered milk, they normally picture the udders of a cow, the exemplary bovine; however, there are many people who consume buffalo milk instead. In India, different buffalo species are still in high supply; this milk represents a vital component of a healthy diet. The increased demand and availability for buffalo milk have grabbed the attention, and research studies have found few differences between buffalo milk and other varieties of non-human milk for daily consumption.
Just like A2 cow milk, there are numerous health benefits of buffalo milk as it is also packed with essential minerals and vitamins. It is a rich source of proteins and calcium in comparison to A2 cow milk and also has less sodium and cholesterol. Buffalo milk is an ideal drink for cardiovascular health, dental and bone health. Apart from that, Buffalo milk is also a rich source of minerals like phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium. It also has a much higher vitamin A content in comparison to A2 cow milk (which gives its smooth white colour instead of creamy yellow.)
Buffalo milk also has many advantages for cooking. It is a rich source of fat, which makes it so thick and creamy. In comparison to other milk types, buffalo milk can be preserved for a longer time and is also heat resistant. Depending on our present lifestyle and health condition, buffalo milk can be good for some things and bad for others. Let’s discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of buffalo milk.
A2 Cow Milk and Buffalo Milk: Advantages of Buffalo Milk
1. Improves Heart Health: In comparison to A2 cow milk, there might be less cholesterol content in buffalo milk, which is something beneficial for anyone concerned about their cardiovascular health. That being said, there is more fat content in buffalo milk, around 100% more, so moderating is the key. Keeping in mind the widespread epidemic of cardiovascular diseases, heart attacks, strokes, and atherosclerosis around the world, consuming buffalo milk regularly and maintaining your cholesterol level isn’t a bad idea.
2. Improves Growth and Development: Various research studies have shown that, like cow milk, buffalo milk also contains high amounts of protein content. As a matter of fact, milk from buffalo has around 10% more protein than cow milk. It is good news for the development and growth of adolescents, children, and adults, taking into account that protein is required for every bodily activity. It also provides complete protein content, which is valuable and can be converted into energy and utilized for the development and growth of our body.
3. Boost Immunity: Buffalo milk is a rich source of vitamin A and C. These two vitamins play a crucial role in the overall protection of the body and the proper functioning of our immune system. Vitamin A and C act as antioxidants which help in cleansing our body of harmful toxins and free radicals that can cause chronic illness. Zinc and other minerals present in buffalo milk also act as an immune system booster and antioxidant.
4. Prevents Mineral Deficiency: Buffalo milk contains phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, potassium and other important minerals. These minerals strengthen our bones and teeth, thus protecting us from osteoporosis.
5. Rich Source of Protein: By consuming only two glasses of buffalo milk every day accounts for 19 grams of protein. It also contains all the 9 types of amino acids. By adding buffalo milk to your daily diet, your resistance and immunity are being taken care of.
A2 Cow Milk and Buffalo Milk: Disadvantages of Buffalo Milk
1. It has high-fat content.
2. Over consumption of buffalo milk can cause diabetes.
3. Aged people should avoid consuming buffalo milk in their daily diet as it contains absorbable calcium in comparison to other milk types.
4. Over consumption of buffalo milk can also cause sudden weight gain.
Milk is an essential food item in every stage of our life. As adults, we require skimmed or low-fat milk; two glasses daily is more than perfect to meet our daily nutritional requirements. Adding milk to our daily diet is a necessary option. Both A2 cow milk and buffalo milk are good for health and have their own range of benefits. You can pick the best one as per your likeliness and preference. However, A2 cow milk has the edge over buffalo milk, and that’s why folks are switching to desi cow milk, i.e., A2 milk.
Read Our Article: Swadeshi VIP Is Emerging as The Best A2 Cow Milk Farm in Greater Noida